I’m back again to expand your knowledge about makeup and the products. Today I will be telling you about face powders. So let’s go into the details:
Face powder is a cosmetic powder applied to the face to set a foundation after application. It can also be reapplied throughout the day to minimize shininess caused by oily skin. It comes in a variety of colors with various coverages.
Certain types of pigmented facial powders can be worn alone with no base foundation. Powder, tones the face and gives an even appearance. Besides toning the face, some powders with sunscreen can also reduce skin damage from sunlight and environmental stress. It comes packaged either as a compact or as loose powder. Uniform distribution over the face is achieved more easily when a loose powder is applied.
USES OF FACE POWDER:
- The main and basic use of a face powder is for setting the foundation or any sort of creams.
- Different colors can be used to set different parts of the face. Light color for the highlighting, medium color for setting the actual skin tone and a darker color for setting the contouring.
- Powder helps to prevent creasing of the foundation or the concealer. (creasing means formation of the lines caused mostly under/over the eyes and near the mouth, because of the un-even blending of the cream/liquid product.
♠ The best way to apply this is by:
- Powder puff
TYPES AND COVERAGE:
♠ The coverage of powders is the same as foundations:
- Translucent type/sheer coverage.
- Pigmented type/full coverage.
(For details as to what coverage is, read my blog on foundations.)
- Use a translucent powder for setting the under eye/highlighted area.
- Use a heavy coverage powder, if you’re not using any makeup. It will give your face a natural finish.
♠ A few amazing face powders are:
- Revlon photoready compact makeup.
- Mac studio fix powder foundation.